A filter can be included in the search feature to let users narrow their search based on concepts that you have inserted into topics. Concepts are simply markers that you add to topics that have some kind of relationship with each other. They are also used for inserting concept links into topics
For a detailed example with complete steps, see Search Filter Set Example.
Following are the tasks necessary for creating search filter sets and making them accessible to end users:
- Add or Import Search Filter Set File The first step to using a search filter set is to add a special file for it to your project. You can also import an existing search filter set file. See Adding Search Filter Set Files to Projects and Importing Search Filter Sets.
- Insert Concepts You must insert concepts into your content so that they can be selected when creating the search filters. See Inserting Concepts.
- Create Search Filter Set After you add a new search filter set and insert concepts into topics, you can create search filters. See Creating Search Filters.
- Customize Search Filter Ordering After you create search filters, you can optionally customize the order of the search filters. By default, search filters are ordered alphabetically, but you may arrange them in any order. See Customizing Search Filter Ordering.
- Associate With Target After you create search filters, you need to associate the search filter set with the target that you want to build. See Associating a Search Filter Set with a Target.