The following steps show you how to create a new variable within a variable set.
Open the Project Organizer.
- Double-click the Variables folder.
Double-click a variable set. If you do not have any variable sets in the folder, you can easily add one using the File ribbon. The Variable Set Editor opens to the right, with the variables page shown. If you use the "MyVariables" template, Flare provides you with two variables (CompanyName and PhoneNumber) to get you started. You can delete these variables or modify them to suit your needs.
- To create an additional variable, click in the local toolbar. A new variable row is added, with a temporary name for the variable.
- To enter a new name, definition, or comment for a new variable (or for the variables already provided by Flare), do one of the following.
- Double-click in a field and type the name, definition, or comment.
- Click once in a field and press F2 on your keyboard. Then type the name, definition, or comment.
Note: If you want to see the variable syntax replaced by the variable definition, click in the local toolbar of the editor. This shows you the "Evaluated
Definition," which determines the actual text of the variable.
- Click to save your work.
Note: You can also create custom date/time variables based on Microsoft's "Custom Date and Time Format Strings." See Creating Custom Date/Time Variables.
Note: You can also add multiple definitions to a variable, using them as a way to override variables on a target. See Editing Variables.