You can specify the maximum number of suggestions shown in the Auto Suggestion popup, as well as the minimum number of characters that must be typed before the popup opens with suggestions.
Do one of the following, depending on the part of the user interface you are using:
Select File>Options. The Options dialog opens.
- Select the Auto Suggestion tab.
- Open a file that lets you type content (e.g., topic).
- As you type text that matches existing content, the Auto Suggestion popup displays.
- At the bottom of the popup, click . The Auto Suggestion Options dialog opens.
- Select either of the following.
- Max Suggestions Enter the maximum number of suggestions that you want to be displayed in the popup at any given time. You can enter a number from 1 to 25.
- Min Character Length Enter the minimum number of characters that must be typed before the popup opens to display matching phrases, variables, or snippets. You can enter a number from 3 to 12.
- Click OK.