You can view a list of segments that occur frequently in your project. You can see the segment text, the number of occurrences of each segment, and the number of words and characters in each segment.
- Open a project.
Do one of the following, depending on the part of the user interface you are using:
Ribbon Select the View ribbon. In the Dynamic Reports section, select Suggestions>Frequent Segments.
- Analyzer Summary Window Pane If you have the Analyzer Summary window pane in view, double-click the row that mentions frequent segements.
The Frequent Segments window pane opens, displaying segments that occur a certain number of times throughout your project.
- To see more of the information in the window pane, drag the divider bar to make the pane wider:
Segment Read more… Displays the segment that occurs multiple times throughout your project.
- Count Read more… Displays the number of times a particular segment occurs throughout your project.
- Word Count Read more… Displays the number of words contained in a particular segment.
- Character Count Read more… Displays the number of characters contained in a particular segment.
If a certain number of items have been found, page navigation buttons in the local toolbar may be enabled. You can use these buttons to go to additional pages to display more items. You also have the option to view all items at once in one long list. This is called the View All option. You can toggle these views by clicking the View All/View as Pages button in the local toolbar. The button displays the opposite of whatever view is currently activated (e.g., If the View All option is currently active, the button shows View as Pages to indicate that if clicked, the button will switch the window pane to the View as Pages option).
Note: You can use the Topics For Selected window pane to view the topics where a particular segment is located. See Viewing Topics for a Selected Item.
After viewing frequent segments, you may want to customize the segments shown in the window pane. In other words, you can change the settings that determine when a segment is considered "frequent." Changing these settings is likely to increase or decrease the number of segments shown in the window pane. See Customizing Frequent Segments Shown.