You can view a list of topics containing text that matches existing index keywords in your project. You can then quickly add the same index keywords to those topics.
Let's say you have opened Topic A and inserted "Chair" as an index keyword. The word "Chair" may also occur in the text of Topic B. If you have not yet inserted the word "Chair" as an index keyword in Topic B, it will show up when you view index keyword suggestions.
- Open a project.
Do one of the following, depending on the part of the user interface you are using:
Ribbon Select the View ribbon. In the Dynamic Reports section, select Suggestions>Index Keyword Suggestions.
- Analyzer Summary Window Pane Double-click the row that mentions index keyword suggestions.
The Index Keyword Suggestions window pane opens.
- To see more of the information in the window pane, drag the divider bar to make the pane wider:
- Keyword Displays the index keyword text found in the topic that matches an existing keyword.
- File Displays the name of the file.
- Title Displays the properties title of the file (if any).
- Folder Displays the folder where the file is found.
If a certain number of items have been found, page navigation buttons in the local toolbar may be enabled. You can use these buttons to go to additional pages to display more items. You also have the option to view all items at once in one long list. This is called the View All option. You can toggle these views by clicking the View All/View as Pages button in the local toolbar. The button displays the opposite of whatever view is currently activated (e.g., If the View All option is currently active, the button shows View as Pages to indicate that if clicked, the button will switch the window pane to the View as Pages option).
Do one of the following, depending on whether you want to convert multiple suggestions to index keywords simultaneously, or if you want to convert only one index keyword suggestion at a time.
to convert multiple suggestions simultaneously
- In the window pane, select all suggestions that you want to convert. If you want to select all rows click . You can hold the SHIFT key to select a range, or you can hold the CTRL key to select individual items.
- In the local toolbar, click the Apply button.
- In the message that opens, click OK. Another message lets you know how many files were changed.
Click OK. All of the selected suggestions are converted to
Note: If you want to undo the conversions, you can use the Backups window pane (View>Backups).
See Restoring Backup Files.
to convert one suggestion at a time
- In the Index Keyword Suggestions window pane, select the row that you want to convert to an index keyword.
- Select File>Send to Flare. The file opens in the application with the suggested content highlighted.
- In Flare, insert the index keyword. See the online Help in Flare for more information about inserting index keywords.
Note: You can also include this information in reports that you create.
Note: You can enable or disable the collection of different types of information when Analyzer scans a project for possible issues and problems. Also, by disabling scans, you may find that your system performance is improved somewhat. In addition to disabling scans, you can limit the number of results returned. See Enabling Analyzer Scans.