You can view a list of all index keywords used throughout your project. You can also quickly rename multiple keyword occurrences in a single batch.
For more information about index keywords and how they are used in projects, see the online Help in Flare.
- Open a project.
- Select the View ribbon. In the Dynamic Reports section, select View>Used Items>Used Index Keywords.
Used Index Keywords window paneopens, listing all of the index keywords used throughout the project.
- To see more of the information in the window pane, drag the divider bar to make the pane wider:
- Apply Displays a check box next to the index keyword. If you decide to rename or delete the keyword, you need to make sure the check box is selected.
- Keyword Displays the index keyword used in
- File Displays the path and name of the file where the index keyword is inserted.
- Title Displays the properties title of the file (if any).
- Folder Displays the folder where the file is found.
If a certain number of items have been found, page navigation buttons in the local toolbar may be enabled. You can use these buttons to go to additional pages to display more items. You also have the option to view all items at once in one long list. This is called the View All option. You can toggle these views by clicking the View All/View as Pages button in the local toolbar. The button displays the opposite of whatever view is currently activated (e.g., If the View All option is currently active, the button shows View as Pages to indicate that if clicked, the button will switch the window pane to the View as Pages option).
In the window pane, select all keywords that you want to rename. If you want to select all rows click . You can hold the SHIFT key to select a range, or you can hold the CTRL key to select individual items.
Note: All keywords that you select will be renamed to the same keyword that you provide in the following steps.
- In the local toolbar, click the Rename button. The
Rename Index Keyword(s) dialogopens.
- In the New index keyword name field, enter a new index keyword.
- Click OK.
A message lets you know how many files were changed. Click OK. All of the selected keywords are renamed.
Note: If you want to undo the conversions, you can use the Backups window pane (View>Backups).
See Restoring Backup Files.