You can enable or disable the instant messaging feature in Analyzer using the Options dialog. You also have the option of disabling instant messaging on your Exchange server. If you want to disable instant messaging entirely on your Exchange server, provide the second set of steps to your network administrator.
- Select File>Options.
The Options dialog opens.
- Select the General tab.
- Select Enable Instant Messaging.
- Click OK.
- On your Exchange server, open the Active Directory.
- Select the user or group for whom you want to limit instant messaging and open the properties.
- Select the Exchange Advanced tab.
- Click Custom Attributes.
- Select an attribute and click Edit.
- In the attribute field, enter either of the following.
MadCap: Analyzer: im=off
This command disables instant messaging for Analyzer only. To disable instant messaging for other applications, change "Analyzer" to another application name.
MadCap: *: im=off
This command disables instant messaging in all MadCap products.
- Click OK to exit out of all dialogs.