You can view a list of all topics that have been created in the project, but they have not yet been linked to any items in a TOC. A drop-down filter lets you select a specific TOC to analyze, or you can select "Any TOC" to analyze all TOCs in a project.
- Open a project.
Select the View ribbon. In the Dynamic Reports section select More Reports>Topics Not In Selected TOC.
The Topics Not In Selected TOC window pane opens, displaying all topics in your project that have not yet been added to a TOC.
- To see more of the information in the window pane, drag the divider bar to make the pane wider:
- File Displays the name of the file.
- Title Displays the properties title of the file (if any).
- Folder Displays the folder where the file is found.
If a certain number of items have been found, page navigation buttons in the local toolbar may be enabled. You can use these buttons to go to additional pages to display more items. You also have the option to view all items at once in one long list. This is called the View All option. You can toggle these views by clicking the View All/View as Pages button in the local toolbar. The button displays the opposite of whatever view is currently activated (e.g., If the View All option is currently active, the button shows View as Pages to indicate that if clicked, the button will switch the window pane to the View as Pages option).
(Optional) You can drag topics from the Topics Not In Selected TOC window pane into an open TOC by selecting a TOC from the Filter field in the Topics Not in Selected TOC window pane, then dragging topics from the pane into the TOC. You may need to float and position the TOC so you can see both it and the Topics Not in Selected TOC window pane.
(Optional) You can
openany topic in the list to view or modify it. You can open the file in the Analyzer interface or in the Flare project.
To open the file in the Analyzer interface The benefit of using this method is that it is quick and convenient. You have access to the features normally available in the editor (but not necessarily to all of the features available elsewhere in Flare).
- In the Topics Not In Selected TOC window pane, double-click the file that you want to open. The file opens in the appropriate editor.
To open the file in Flare The benefit of using this method is that you have access to all of the features in the application, not just those available from the editor.
- In the Topics Not In Selected TOC window pane, select the file that you want to open. Then in the Standard toolbar, click Send to Flare. The file opens in the application. You can then open the TOC and add the file to it. For more information about adding a file to a TOC, see the Flare online Help.