After creating a new document, you can save it as a PDF file. Short for "Portable Document Format," PDF is an open standard format for electronic documentation exchange invented by Adobe. PDF files are used to represent a two-dimensional document in an device- and resolution-independent fixed-layout format.
- Create or open a document.
- Select File>Save>Save To.
- In the dialog that opens, navigate to the folder where you want to store the PDF document.
- In the File name field, enter a name for the PDF document.
- Click in the Save as type filed and select PDF File (*.pdf).
- Click Save.