After creating a new document, you can save it as an XPS file. Microsoft's XML Paper Specification (XPS) is a document format with a markup language that is a subset of XAML for Windows Presentation Foundation. XPS is an alternative to Adobe's Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Create or open a document.
- Select File>Save>Save To.
- In the dialog that opens, navigate to the folder where you want to store the XPS document.
- In the File name field, enter a name for the XPS document.
- Click in the Save as type field and select one of the following options.
- XPS File (Editable) (*.xps)
- XPS File (Editable. Non-Standard Extension) (*.exps)
- Click Save.