You can open MadCap Capture from the Flare interface.
- Select Tools > MadCap > MadCap Capture.
Capture is MadCap's screen capture and editing tool, which is tightly integrated with Flare. If you have Capture installed on your computer, you can use it to do any of the following from within Flare:
- Insert Screen Capture Images into Topics You can capture an image on your screen and insert it into a topic at the same time.
See Inserting Screen Capture Images.
- Add Screen Capture Files to Projects You can capture an image on your screen and add the image file to the project (without inserting the image into a topic).
See Adding Screen Capture Files to Projects.
- Edit Images You can send any image in your project to MadCap Capture for editing. This can be done by right-clicking the image where it's inserted and selecting Edit With MadCap Capture. After the image opens in Capture, you can make changes to it.
See Editing Images.
- Launch MadCap Capture You can simply open the Capture application from Flare.
Some advantages of using Capture include the following:
- Layers You can add special effects or objects such as callouts, shapes, or lines. Because layers are used (rather than merging the objects into the image), you can easily return to the image later after you have saved it and modify just a single object (rather than re-creating the entire image).
- Changes Reflected Automatically As soon as you save the image in Capture, the changes are automatically reflected anywhere the image was inserted in your project.
- Single-Sourcing Images This feature reflects Capture's tight integration with MadCap Flare. For a single image, you can provide one group of settings for online output, and another group of settings for printed output. For example, you might want to use a resolution of 96 DPI for online output, and a resolution of 150 DPI for printed output. Rather than creating two separate images, you can single-source the image outputs. For more information see Creating Single-Source Images.