The first step in publishing output is to add a destination file to your project.
- Do one of the following, depending on the part of the user interface you are using:
- Ribbon Select the Project ribbon. In the Content section select New > Destination.
- Right-Click In the Project Organizer, right-click on the Destinations folder and from the context menu select Add Destination.
The Add File dialog opens.
- In the File Type field at the top, make sure Destination is selected.
- In the Source area select one of the following:
New from template Read more… Choose either the factory template file or one of your own customized template files as a starting point. The new file will take on all of the settings contained in the template. If you want to use the factory template provided by Flare, expand the Factory Templates folder and click on a template file. If you want to use your own customized template file, expand the appropriate folder and click on a file.
See About Templates.
- New from existing Read more… Choose an existing file of the same type as a starting point for your new file. As with template files, your new file will take on all of the settings contained in the file you select. To use this option, click the browse button , use the Open File dialog to find a file, and double-click it.
- (Optional) If you want to place the file into a subfolder that you previously created in the Project Organizer, in the Folder field click and select the subfolder. Otherwise, keep the default location.
See Creating Subfolders.
- In the File Name field, type a new name for the destination.
- (Optional) If you want to apply condition tags to the file, expand the Attributes section at the bottom of the dialog. Next to the Condition Tags field, click and select the conditions you want to apply. Click OK.
See Applying Conditions to Content.
- (Optional) If you want to apply file tags to the file, expand the Attributes section at the bottom of the dialog. Next to the File Tags field, click and select the file tags you want to apply. Click OK.
See Associating Tags with Files.
- Click Add. The destination is added to the Destinations folder in the Project Organizer. The Destination Editor opens to the right.