In order to accommodate and assist the contribution process, you can create contribution templates for other individuals to use. These templates are topic files that can be crafted to already have certain pieces in place (e.g., text, formatting, locked regions) and make certain ancillary files available (e.g., variables, condition tags, stylesheets) to the contributor. After using the template to create a new document in Contributor, the contributor can send it to you, and you can then make the document part of your project.
Use the following steps to send a contribution template that you have already created.
Select the View ribbon. In the Resources section select Contributions.
The Contributions window pane opens.
- Click in the drop-down field at the top of the window pane, select Templates. All contribution templates that you have created are listed in the pane.
- Click on the template that you want to send.
- In the local toolbar click . The Send Contribution Template dialog opens.
- (Optional) You can click in the Message area and edit the default text that will be shown in the main body of the email sent to the contributors.
- If you do not have an email address in the list, click . Complete the fields in the New Address Book Entry dialog and click Add.
- Once an email address is added to the list, click the Send check box next to the addresses that you want to include in the email.
- Click Send.
- Send the email.