Following are issues that may occur when installing Flare.
- Flare will not install correctly
Flare will not install correctly
Installation problems can have a number of different causes. Below are some of the more common ways to solve a bad installation.
- Make sure there is enough disk space on the machine to allow Flare to be installed.
- Make sure the most up-to-date version of Microsoft .NET Framework is installed.
- Close all other running applications and programs.
- In the Task Manager, close all non-essential processes.
There may be a registry key from a previous version of Flare in the registry that needs to be removed. To remove it, perform the following steps.
- Open the Start menu.
- Click in the search field at the bottom of the Start menu and type regedit, then press ENTER. The Registry Editor opens.
- In the Registry Editor, expand the HKEY_CURRENT_USER file by clicking the arrow to the left.
- Under the HKEY_CURRENT_USER file, more files will appear. Expand the Software file.
- Expand the MadCap Software file.
- Select Flare.
Press Delete on the keyboard.
- A confirmation window will pop up. Click Yes.