Following are issues that may occur when using the Flare navigation links.
- "Unhandled exception" error occurs when inserting hyperlinks
"Unhandled exception" error occurs when inserting hyperlinks
Flare returns an "unhandled exception" error when the user attempts to insert a hyperlink:
Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.
Access to path "C:\[pathway]" is denied.
Cause and Solution
This issue may have one of the following causes.
Flare is trying to reference a file whose pathway does not exist.
Make sure that the topic you are trying to link to is checked out from source control.
Flare is trying to reference a file whose attribute has been set to "Read-only."
Make sure that the following Flare project folders are not set with a "Read-only" attribute: Analyzer, Users, Output, and FileSync.
- Navigate to the Flare project folder's location and open the folder.
- Right-click the Analyzer folder and from context menu, select Properties.
In the Properties dialog, locate the Attributes field and click the Read-only check box so that it is completely empty.
- Click Apply.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 for the Users (the Users folder is located inside the Project folder), Output, and FileSync folders.
- Insert the hyperlink again. It should now work.