You can view a list of all variables that have been created in your project but have not yet been used in any topics or other files. You can quickly delete any of the variables that you do not plan to use.
How to View Unused Variables
Select Analysis > More Reports > Unused Items.
The Unused Items window pane opens, which lets you view various unused elements in the project (such as bookmarks, condition tags, content files, CSH IDs, images, variables, styles, file tags, and topics not linked).
- Click the drop-down field at the top of the window pane and select Unused Variables. The unused variables in the project are listed.
To see more of the information in the window pane, drag the divider bar to make the pane wider:
- Variable Displays the name of the variable not being used.
- File Displays the name of the variable set where the variable is located.
- Definition Displays the text associated with the variable.
- If a certain number of items have been found, page navigation buttons in the local toolbar may be enabled. You can use these buttons to go to additional pages to display more items.
- If you want to remove any unused variables from Flare, as well as from the project being analyzed, select the variable in the list and click in the local toolbar.
You can open the set file for any variable in the list to view or modify it in the Variable Set Editor.
Note You can also include this information in reports that you create.