You can view a list of all context-sensitive Help (CSH) identifiers that have been created in your project but have not yet been assigned to any topics. You can double-click a row to open the Flare header file.
How to View Unused CSH IDs
Select Analysis > More Reports > Unused Items.
The Unused Items window pane opens, which lets you view various unused elements in the project (such as bookmarks, condition tags, content files, CSH IDs, images, variables, styles, file tags, and topics not linked).
- Click the drop-down field at the top of the window pane and select Unused CSH IDs. The unused CSH IDs in the project are listed.
To see more of the information in the window pane, drag the divider bar to make the pane wider:
- CSH ID Displays the CSH identifier that is not being used.
- File Displays the alias file where the CSH ID is located. You can use the alias file to assign the unused CSH ID to a topic, unless you prefer to delete the CSH ID.
- Definition Displays the unique numerical value associated with the CSH ID.
- If a certain number of items have been found, page navigation buttons in the local toolbar may be enabled. You can use these buttons to go to additional pages to display more items.
- If you want to remove any unused CSH IDs from Flare, as well as from the project being analyzed, select the CSH ID in the list and click in the local toolbar.
You can open the alias file for any CSH ID in the list to view or modify it in the Alias Editor.
Note You can also include this information in reports that you create.