You can view a list of all file tags that have been created in your project but have not yet been used in any files. You can quickly delete any of the file tags that you do not plan to use.
For more information about file tags and how they are used in projects, see
How to View Unused File Tags
Select Analysis > More Reports > Unused Items.
The Unused Items window pane opens, which lets you view various unused elements in the project (such as bookmarks, condition tags, content files, CSH IDs, images, variables, styles, file tags, and topics not linked).
- Click the drop-down field at the top of the window pane and select Unused File Tags. The unused file tags in the project are listed.
To see more of the information in the window pane, drag the divider bar to make the pane wider:
- File Tag Displays the name of the file tag not being used.
- Type Displays the type of file tag (e.g., Status, Author).
- File Displays the name of the file.
- If a certain number of items have been found, page navigation buttons in the local toolbar may be enabled. You can use these buttons to go to additional pages to display more items.
- If you want to remove any unused file tags from Flare, as well as from the project being analyzed, select the file tag in the list and click in the local toolbar.
You can open the set file for any file tag in the list to view it in the File Tag Set Editor.