You can view a list of all images that have been created in your project but have not yet been used in any topics or other files. You can quickly delete any of the images that you do not plan to use. You can also add condition tags to the images. For more information about images, see Images.
How to View Unused Images
Select Analysis > More Reports > Unused Items.
The Unused Items window pane opens, which lets you view various unused elements in the project (such as bookmarks, condition tags, content files, CSH IDs, images, variables, styles, file tags, and topics not linked).
- Click the drop-down field at the top of the window pane and select Unused Images. The unused images in the project are listed.
To see more of the information in the window pane, drag the divider bar to make the pane wider:
- Condition Tag Displays the condition tag for the image not being used.
- File Displays the name of the image file not being used.
- Folder Displays the folder where the file is found.
- If a certain number of items have been found, page navigation buttons in the local toolbar may be enabled. You can use these buttons to go to additional pages to display more items.
- If you want to remove any unused images from Flare, as well as from the project being analyzed, select the image in the list and click in the local toolbar.
- (Optional) You can add condition tags to the unused images.To add condition tags, do the following.
- Select Unused Images from the drop-down menu in the Unused Items window pane.
- Do one of the following.
- Click the button in the local toolbar.
- Right-click the image and from the context menu, select Properties.
Right-click the image and press CTRL+SHIFT+P on the keyboard.
The Properties dialog opens.
- In the Properties dialog, click the Conditional Text tab.
- Select condition tags, then click OK.
You can open the image file for any picture in the list to view it in the Image Viewer.
Note You can also include this information in reports that you create.