You can view a list of all bookmarks that have been inserted in content files, but there are no links in that file or any others pointing to that bookmark. You can quickly delete any of the bookmarks that you do not plan to use. You can also double-click a row to open the file where the bookmark is inserted. For more information about bookmarks and how they are used in projects, see Bookmarks.
How to View Unused Bookmarks
Select Analysis > More Reports > Unused Items.
The Unused Items window pane opens, which lets you view various unused elements in the project (such as bookmarks, condition tags, content files, CSH IDs, images, variables, styles, file tags, and topics not linked).
- Click the drop-down field at the top of the window pane and select Unused Bookmarks. The unused bookmarks in the project are listed.
To see more of the information in the window pane, drag the divider bar to make the pane wider:
- Bookmark Displays the name of the bookmark.
- File Displays the name of the file.
- Folder Displays the folder where the file is found.
- If a certain number of items have been found, page navigation buttons in the local toolbar may be enabled. You can use these buttons to go to additional pages to display more items.
- If you want to remove any unused bookmarks from Flare, as well as from the project being analyzed, select the bookmark in the list and click in the local toolbar.
You can open any item in the list to view it in the XML Editor.
Note You can also include this information in reports that you create.