You can format lists or items within them so that the text is aligned right, left, centered, or justified. This can be done through styles or by using local formatting. Using styles is usually recommended because the setting is automatically applied to any content using that style
[Menu Proxy — Headings — Online — Depth3 ]
How to Use a Style to Align a List
- From the Content Explorer, open the stylesheet that you want to modify.
From the Medium drop-down in the Stylesheet Editor, make sure the proper medium is selected before you begin. In the Advanced view, you can open multiple mediums at once; you just need to look at the title at the top of the medium pane and make sure you are working in the correct one. If you are not using stylesheet mediums for your different outputs or if you want all mediums to have the same settings, just leave the medium set to default and continue.
Mediums can be used if you want to use one group of settings for online output types and another group of settings for print-based output types. For example, you might use the default medium for your online outputs and the print medium for your print outputs.
See Mediums and Media Queries.
Please note that Flare remembers the last medium that you used when working in the stylesheet, so it may or may not be the one that you want to use the next time around.
- In the local toolbar, make sure the first button displays . If the button displays instead, then click it.
- In the upper-left corner of the editor, click in the drop-down field and select .
- Select a list style. For example, you can select ol for ordered (numbered) lists, ul for unordered (e.g., bullet) lists, or li for individual list items. You can select the parent style (e.g., li), or you can select a class that you may have created for that tag (e.g., li.Bold, li.Italic).
For more information about the ol, ul, and li styles for lists, see Editing List Styles.
- From the Show drop-down list on the upper-right side of the editor, select .
- (Optional) You can use the toggle button in the local toolbar to show properties below in a group view or an alphabetical view .
- If you are using the grouped view, expand the Block group.
- To the right of text-align, click , and select one of the alignment options.
- center Aligns the text on the center of the page or column.
- inherit Uses the alignment setting of the parent tag.
- justify Aligns the text so that it is flush with both the left and right side.
- left Aligns the text on the left side of the page or column.
- right Aligns the text on the right side of the page or column.
How to Use Local Formatting to Align a List
- Open the content file.
- Select the list. You can do this either by dragging the cursor to select all of the content, or by right-clicking the ol or ul tag in the structure bar and choosing Select.
Select the Home ribbon or open the Text Format toolbar and choose the appropriate button.
- Click to save your work.
After editing a style, you can apply it to content in a topic or snippet.