In many cases, you can add additional files to a project after the project has been created. This allows you to make changes to your Lingo project at any time without needing to create a new project. It also prevents you from having to send multiple projects to a translator or a reviewer.
You can add files to any project created from other individual files, such as Word documents or XML files. You can also add files to any project created from folders.
- In the local toolbar of the File List window pane, click . The Add Project Files Wizard opens.
- Click Add.
- In the dialog that opens, select the file(s) you want to add to the Lingo project. Click Open.
- (Optional) If you need to remove a file, select it in the wizard and click Remove.
- (Optional) If you are adding Word, XML, or text files to your project, you can create a file type filter to import only certain parts of the file.
See File Type Filters.
- When you are done adding files, click Finish. The files are added to the project.
Note: If you are translating a Flare project file, Mimic project file, Doc-To-Help project file, or a DITA map, you cannot add individual files to the Lingo project after it has been created.