One of the benefits of Lingo's integrated source control is that you can view the history for a particular file, including who committed the file and when it was committed. You can also view differences between different versions of the file and roll back to an older version if necessary.
In the Source Control Explorer or File List, select the relevant file(s).
Open a file.
- Do one of the following, depending on the part of the user interface you are using:
Ribbon Select the Source Control ribbon. In the File section select View History.
- Right-Click If you have the Source Control Explorer or File List open, right-click the file you want to view and select Source Control > View History.
- Local Toolbar In the File List, select the file(s) you want to view. In the local toolbar of the File List, click , then select View History .
The History dialog opens. The following are explanations of the different parts of this dialog.
- Version Displays a number for each version of the file. The lower the number, the older the version. The higher the number, the more recent the version.
- Users Displays the name of the user who has been working on the file.
- Date Displays the date and time when the action has occurred.
- Action Displays the action that has taken place for the file (e.g., commit).
- Comment Displays the comment (if any) associated with the file. A comment can be added to a file when you commit that file to source control. This enables you to maintain an audit trail for the file's history.
- Get Selected Version Retrieves a particular version of a file, thus rolling back to that version of the file. The local version of the file is replaced with the source control version that you selected.
SeeRolling Back to an Earlier Version of a File—Subversion andManually Updating Source Control Files—Subversion .
- Show Differences Opens a dialog that lets you view the differences between two versions of a file. If you select one row in the History dialog and view the differences, you will see the content differences between the version that you selected and the version of the file in your local copy of the Lingo project. If you select two files in the History dialog (by holding down the CTRL key) and view the differences, you will see the content differences between those two versions of the file.
- In the History dialog, click Close.
Note: When you modify a file in source control, you are actually modifying the file's corresponding XLF file. You will see the XLF file if you open the Source Control Explorer. This is because you need the XLF file available in order to make changes, view the file's history, or view differences.