Almost every task that you perform in Mimic falls under one of the following basic steps:
- (Optional) Create a Movie Collection Follow this step if you want to create a collection of related movies. If you want to create a standalone movie, you can skip this step. See Creating a Movie Collection.
- Create a Movie This can be done by recording your actions on screen, creating a movie with a blank frame, basing a new movie on a still image that you capture, creating a movie from a media file, or importing a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation.
See Recording Movies, Creating Blank Movies, Creating Movies From Media Files, Creating Movies From Screen Captures, and Importing PowerPoint Presentations.
- Edit a Movie This includes tasks such as adding shapes, buttons, text, actions, effects, and audio. See Editing a Movie.
- Build Movie Output You can generate output using HTML5 and Adobe PDF.
See Movie Output Formats and Building Movie Output Using the Interface.
- Distribute Output Let end users access your movie output. This includes a feature for automatically publishing (i.e., copying) output files to a location you choose, as well as the option of uploading videos to YouTube or Vimeo. See Distributing Output.