If you want to create a collection with multiple movies, use the following instructions. If you only want to create a standalone movie, skip to Recording Movies.
Do one of the following:
Select the Collection ribbon. In the File section, select New Collection.
- Select File>New. In the New dialog, click Movie Collection.
The Start New Collection Wizard opens.
In the Collection name field, type an appropriate name for your collection.
- By default, a path to the Documents\My Mimic Movies folder on your hard drive is entered in the Collection folder field. (Mimic creates the My Mimic Projects folder for you when you install the program.) All subfolders and files related to your collection will be placed in this folder as you work on your collection. Continue with the next step, unless you want to have your collection files placed in a different folder. If so, do the following.
- Click . The Browse For Folder dialog opens.
- Navigate to the folder you want, select it, and click OK.
- In the Start New Collection Wizard, click Next. The next page of the wizard opens.
- Select the language to use for spell checking.
See About Spell Check.
Click Next. The next page of the wizard opens.
On this page, you select a template, which is simply a collection containing initial settings for you. By default, there are two template folders (Factory Templates and My Templates). The Factory Templates folder already contains some pre-designed templates for you. The My Templates folder can be used to store and open your own custom templates.
See About Templates.
- In the Template Folders area, select one of the folders. The Templates section to the right displays the templates contained in the folder you selected.
- In the Templates area on the right, select a template.
- Click Finish. The movie collection opens in the Collection Editor.
After creating a collection, you can record movies, adding them to that collection. See Recording Movies.